ON-CALL TEMPORARY POST OFFICE ASSISTANT, CUT KNIFE
Job Requisition Id: 130543
Language Requirement: English Essential
Job Closing Date: August 13, 2021
If you have ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an on-call Post Office Assistant who will use a customer-focused approach when providing counter services to customers.
Note: The ideal candidate should reside in the community. Applicants outside the community in which the Post Office is located may be considered as needed.
At Canada Post, we are excited to spotlight Indigenous communities within our hiring practices as we celebrate the important heritage of our great Nation.
- Sell postal products and service to the business community and public
- Sort, distribute and process mail into appropriate classifications
- Provide customers with information and forms
- Address delivery and service difficulties to resolve problems thoroughly and quickly
- High school or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
- Training and/or experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- Understanding of general or post office accounting systems.
- Physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 50 lb, push or pull boxes, sort mail and stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to be available for temporary, on-call work