EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Have your goals ever included becoming a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) with the SHA? This opportunity may be just the right fit for you!
~ submitted by the Saskatchewan Health Authority
The Supportive Care Assistant (SCA) Program is a pilot program of Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICAN). The SCA Program will bridge into the CCA Program with a 3 credit unit reduction in course requirements to complete. Acceptance into this program provides you with a head start on your education and will assist you in building your career as a CCA with the SHA.
- The program consists of five (5) online modules that typically take 5-6 weeks to complete. The cost of these modules is covered for those accepted to the program.
- It includes eight (8) weeks of full time hours which count towards a work placement for all students upon completion of the five (5) modules.
- Applicants selected through this program will be conditionally hired by the SHA as Untrained CCAs and depending on the position they have hired into they will be added to the casual/relief list and trained and oriented to the facility/department in which they are hired.
- Following completion of the SCA program, applicants will be required to complete the CCA program within 2 years of their commencement date as per the conditions of the LOU with their respective Provider Union.
- The Federal Government is offering up to $5000 for graduates of the SCA program towards completion of the CCA program. The SHA is not involved in or a part of the application or approval process for this funding.
Grade 12 and not yet started a CCA program. Selection will then be on a seniority basis and seat availability per geographic area. Applicants accepted would not go through an application process with Saskatchewan Polytechnic, SHA would register them with a cohort directly.
Please visit SHA Supportive Care Assistant Expression of Interest Application to submit your expression of interest in this opportunity by January 24, 2022. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please email Workforce Planning & Employment Strategies at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this program. Please note that only those selected for this opportunity will be contacted regarding their application.
Healthy People, Healthy Saskatchewan
The Saskatchewan Health Authority works in the spirit of truth and reconciliation, acknowledging Saskatchewan as the traditional territory of First Nations and Métis People.